Monday, April 29, 2013

Nesting Again?

I've got a lot swirling around in my head today. The biggest "swirl" is...


Look closely towards the right side of the triangle...


Can you see how many days we have til our boy comes home? 15 days. 15. Can you believe that? He has been on a LDS mission in the California Roseville Mission, and in fourteen days, it will have been a full two years since he left. I can't explain what I'm feeling. I LOVE that he is serving a mission. Our other son served in Singapore five years ago, and my husband served in the Philippines in "the olden days". We have felt so many blessings showered down on our family while he's been gone, and I know its because of the sacrifices he is making to be out there in the mission field. So, we will miss having a missionary in our home. Having said that, I can't wait to have him home again. I need to wrap my arms around him and look him in the eyes and have our heart-to-heart talks with him sitting at the foot of our bed at night. I have been pretty good about not letting myself go down the road of missing him so much it hurts, but now that we're getting close, those feelings are all coming back up to the surface. I know that the little piece of my heart that was left at the Missionary Training Center two years ago (when we dropped him off there) is going to come back as an even bigger piece. This mother thing just  does something to your heart. I feel like our hearts grow and grow with all of the special things we experience with our kids. Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to burst. And don't even get me started on what happens to our hearts as grandmas.

I'm feeling something akin to nesting. Does that surprise you? I was "Grandma Nesting" for the month before our grand baby was born, and now I'm nesting in preparation for my boy to be back "in the nest". I am getting his room all spruced up, and I'm almost done with that. I've just got to paint his dresser, which I'm working on today and tomorrow. Then I should be done, and then I'll put his room all back together. As in the past, I could use a tractor-trailer for all the stuff we're taking to the thrift store. I'm in the "simplify" mode, and trying to get rid of all the junky stuff that is around. Its going to take a lot of time to get to everything, but I've got time. I'm in no rush. I just want to slowly make my way through each room in the house and cleanse.

For now, keep my focus on two weeks from tomorrow. Sweet thought.

2 comments:

  1. You are a amazing Mom. I love your thoughts and feelings about your missionaries. It takes a big leap of faith to let go for that length of time. I am so excited for you and for all the family to have our Wilson home. He has been outstanding in his missionary service. I couldn't be more proud. Of all of you.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete