Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weekly Food Storage: Catch-Up Week

This is one of those weeks that is a "catch-up" week. My weekly plan consists of four weeks per month, but there ends up being four times during the year with an extra week. So, I use these weeks to go through and organize my food storage room and shelves. If I fell behind just a bit in the past weeks, then I can make up the time this week, also.

If you are totally organized and up-to-date, and don't need to work on getting things spiffed up, then you just have a week off, plain and simple. Yay! Doesn't a week off sound pretty darn good? And then you'll be so ready for next week, when we dive right back into our plan.

Now, I received an email this past week, and I want to address that while also reiterating it here: If you didn't start this plan back at the beginning of the year, it doesn't matter one bit. This plan is designed so that you can start it at any time of the year. There is no beginning and no end to it. You just start wherever we are in the calendar year, and a year from that time you will have gone through all of the weeks of preparation, and then you'll continue on through the weeks and rotate and re-aquire when needed. I don't want anyone to think to themselves that they are behind four months, or that they should just wait til next January to start. That isn't how this baby works. Start today! (and if you really ARE starting this week, and notice there is nothing to do this week, just work on getting your food storage space or area ready for next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment