Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bunny

This year I've had some unaccountable things happen in my garden. The most obvious was that most of my new tulips were eaten clear down to the nubbins. No flowers... not even much of a leaf. We do have deer now and then, and I had seen many a dropping when I was cleaning up after winter, but still... The deer had always been kind enough to just chew the tar out of my euonymus, but left my flowers alone. Apparently this year their appetite had changed. I figured it was out of my hands, so I didn't spend much time thinking about it.

And then I noticed little holes being dug. Almost like a cat might do, but then the holes were just left empty, with dirt sprayed across my walks. What in the world? What kind of crazy hole-digging cat or dog has made their home in my yard? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

And then last Friday came. We were working on taking out all of the edging in our yard (to be replaced soon, I hope), and saw this...


At the risk of overusing the phrase, What in the World????


Oh, hello there, lop-eared rabbit. You have been enjoying my yard this year. You must be feeling rather chipper after having eaten hundreds of tulips -- greens, blooms, and all. You don't look as though you've missed many meals.


Hmmmm. I think you are looking far too comfortable here.

No comments:

Post a Comment