Thursday, September 10, 2015

Snakes... A Never Ending Supply

We've got a situation again around here. Snakes. We "got rid of" 7 last year, so my hopes were that the word would get around, and we wouldn't have a real snake problem this year. Alas, no. The fourth one for the year met it's demise on Tuesday, and it was the longest one so far.

I see a snake at least 3 times a week. I always tell myself that it's the same snake, but way inside I know better...


With all the sightings I have, you'd think it would become common and lose its fearfulness. Nope. Not at all. 


This one below was a classic catch. Bob was on the phone with an important call that he had to take while we were out in the backyard. I was walking through the yard, and said, "Snake!", and without a break in his conversation, he stepped on the tail of the snake and picked it up and held it there by the tail until he could get off the phone. The person he was talking to was none the wiser.


And then there are things like this that give me just as much of the heebie-jeebies. A snake skin. A pretty long snake skin. Which means that a good-sized snake was growing even bigger and had to shed his skin. And I love how it came off as he was crawling down into a whole. Ick.


Bob's second catch of the season. Can I describe how much I love this man o' my dreams, who gets how much I fear snakes? He never seems to tire of coming to my rescue!


How does a son-in-law earn his mother-in-law's eternal gratitude? By coming to her rescue and getting a whopper of a snake. I will ever be thankful for this man!


All of this leads us to this package from Amazon. I can't tell you if any of it works, but I certainly am going to give it all a whirl. It's either that, or put cement across my whole yard, which I've contemplated. 


I'll let you know how things go.

1 comment:

  1. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    'Just sayin' ........... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Susan

    ReplyDelete