Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Gratitude Book

This is an easy idea that will be a keepsake throughout time. We started a Thanksgiving Book a couple of years ago. Whoever is home for Thanksgiving that year can write what they're thankful for. Even in just a couple of short years, it is fun to be able to look back and see what was written. I covered a lined thesis book with scrapbook paper and photocopies of my old postcards. It didn't cost me anything, since I used supplies that I already had on hand. You could even use a binder, and then you can leave it plain or decorate it when you have a minute. The point is just to have something for everyone to write the things they are thankful for.


I'm excited for when our grandchildren can write (or draw pictures), and then they can write something in the book, too.


I think this year I'm going to add a photo of our family at the Thanksgiving table (and perhaps a photo or two from throughout the day.

I so love Thanksgiving. I love that it's a holiday based around gratitude, family, and yummy food. Its a beautiful holiday... Can't wait for Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment