Wednesday, April 15, 2015

It Is Well With My Soul

This is what we woke up to this morning.


A beautiful, cold spring storm. We need the moisture, so we can't really complain much.


And somehow there is something so lovely, peaceful and quiet about this storm. Especially after yesterday's wind that brought the storm in.


It means that the outside chores will have to wait for today. And that I can get a few things done in my house, all while enjoying the quietly falling snow through every window I pass.

The only downside to the day is that my babysitting gig for the afternoon had to be cancelled because of the weather. For those of you who are keeping count, the last of our grands was born on March 19, and now all seven are here safe and sound. The last five all came within 2-1/2 months of each other, so we've got a lot of new wee babes around here. We're lucky enough to live fairly close to all of them, so we get to see them often. And whenever I can, I get to tend them here and there throughout my week. This afternoon was my time to spend with the twins, but with the weather being so bad, and the roads to their house slippery and icy, we had to postpone. 


That photo makes my heart happy. It reminds me of when I was little, and would line up my dolls along my bed. Oh, how I love those sweet seven! And we find our lives rotating around them. Thinking about them. Talking about them. Hoping and planning for them. Wanting to spend time with them so that they will always know how much we love them. We are slightly obsessed with them. Okay.... more than slightly. But can you blame us?  It is well, it is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment