Monday, April 23, 2012

Bob's great invention!

We were able to get a little more work done in the backyard over the weekend. I am amazed how everything is growing so huge so quickly. Look how green it is already!

Everything is starting to turn green and
grow like crazy!

Makes me wonder what it will be like in the middle of summer! Will everything be totally spent by then? I guess its a good thing we're having our wedding events in the middle of June!

Bob fashioned some great garden dividers for me. He is an awesome welder, so he made them up in no time at all. I was having quite a problem getting my Obedient Plant to be obedient. It has grown and spread everywhere. I love the plant and the flowers, but I do not want my entire yard to be one big Obedient Plant. So, Bob made a divider that keeps the plants in their own area. I have a few different patches that I needed to be contained, so he made some that were over 8 feet long.

Bob's great invention: garden dividers!

Its going to be great to have it all doing its thing in its own area, without crowding out my other plants!

Last night we had a Bishop's Youth Discussion at our house with the youth who are 14 years and older. Bob had a great discussion with them all, and then we all went out to the fire pit to roast marshmallows and make s'mores.

First marshmallow roast of the season!

It was a perfect evening for it! The kids all seemed to have a great time, and everyone had their fill of marshmallows and chocolate. It definitely feels like summer is starting (although its still spring for a couple more months!)


No comments:

Post a Comment