Saturday, February 14, 2015

Grow Old Along With Me - sign

I saw a recent episode of Fixer Upper (which, by the way, is my favorite show on HGTV these days). Joanna had this sign made for a client who had always loved this saying.

I, too, have always loved it, so when I saw it, and that it was made out of metal, I thought it might be the perfect thing for Bob to use his big machine for. I made mention of it, and thought maybe when he wasn't busy (in 30 years or so) he would have a minute to think about it. But the very next morning, he asked me dimensions, etc, and voila! This is what came home with him at the end of the day.


It's huge, which I love. It measures 24 x 24, and is probably a good 10 pounds. Robbie and Bob collaborated on it, which makes it even more special. We've found the perfect home for it right on the mantel in our bedroom. Love it, love it! It opens the door to many possibilities of what we can do with those big metal shop machines we acquired recently. I know, I know. They weren't purchased for my home decorator ideas (scooch on over, aviation world), but, oh the possibilities....

No comments:

Post a Comment