This recipe is one I found that originated from jadelouisedesigns.com. We LOVED it, and especially loved that it is a much lower fat version of the other Chicken Carbonara recipes we've seen. Of course I tweaked it just a bit to suit our fancy.
2 T. butter
3 T. flour
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. Parmesan shavings, plus more to sprinkle onto each serving
2 T. parsley
2/3 box bowtie pasta
6 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
2 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked, and sliced
1 roma tomato, diced finely
1. Cook chicken breasts in oven or on grill. Slice.
2. Cook up bacon and dice.
3. Cook bowtie pasta, rinse with hot water, and set aside while cooking sauce
1. Mix flour and butter over medium heat until thick and smooth, and cooked through. Add a shake of garlic powder.
2. Add milk, heavy cream, and chicken broth to the pan and whisk until smooth.
3. Cook on low until it thickens.
4. Add in Parmesan shavings and parsley. If the sauce gets too thick, add more chicken broth.
5. Add the cooked, drained bowtie pasta.
6. Toss gently to cover the noodles completely.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add chicken, bacon, and tomato to the sauce and gently fold in til all covered in sauce.
9. Serve hot with extra Parmesan shavings over the top.
We ate ours with a green salad and crusty rolls. Can't wait to make this one again!