Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Year of the Iris

I'm going to go ahead and declare this the year of the iris. At least in my yard. I am pretty sure I had iris bloom in colors I didn't even know I had. It must have something to do with the cool, extraordinary spring we've been having. At any rate, they sure put on a show...



I love the variegated foliage on this one below. So pretty, and adds interest to the garden long after the blooms have gone away.



So many of these are from my mom's garden. As I was trying to fill up my garden, she would dig up shovelfuls of iris rhizomes in her yard, and I'd run them to my garden and put them in the ground.




Look at the colors in this one. What a beauty!




The bonus to irises is that they are sooooo easy to grow and care for. They don't take much of anything, except perhaps dividing once in a while. Pretty, pretty, old-fashioned flowers that remind me of my mom. Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment