Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pickle Home Parade Book and Announcement

I mentioned a few weeks back that we found out we are going to be grandparents! (It still makes me smile whenever I think about it!) Can't tell you what that means to Bob and I! I wanted to post part of the cute little book that Mike and Whitney made to break the news.

We had the whole family (including my mom) over for our monthly dinner, and had just had Family Home Evening. We were all just sitting around chatting, and Whitney said something about wanting to show us a book she put together with the "before" and "after" photos of their renovation in their home. Bob and me and my mom were all sitting next to each other on the couch, so we (totally unaware of what was coming) started looking at the book. This is the first page of the book:



And the book went on to show photos of many of the rooms in the house, showing a "before" photo, like this of their kitchen:


And then the corresponding "after" photo. How cute is this kitchen!?  And to think that they essentially did all of the work on their own. Lots of elbow grease, and lots of time spent, with a darling, darling outcome!


As we looked at each page, I was pointing out every little detail about all the work they've done to my mom, because she hasn't been over to their home yet. 

And finally, we turned to the last set of photos. The first one was this one:


And then this:



As I looked at the pages, the only thing I saw was the tiny little pair of sandals! Little did I know, Mike was filming us the whole time, and Whitney was standing behind us just waiting for me to stop explaining every detail and get to the last page. Of course I made a fool of myself by jumping up and hugging Whitney. There, on film, for all of my posterity to see for ever more. Oh well. I guess the sweet little babe will know I was excited for her (or him). My mom was thrilled to be a part of such a special night. Whitney gave her a book, too, so she has been showing that to everyone she knows! 

We find out a week from tomorrow whether its a boy or a girl, and then we can start planning a little more specifically. Bob and I cannot wait! Woo hoo!

1 comment: