Thursday, March 22, 2012

Rolling up our sleeves

Today at 7:15 a.m., we had a special something delivered to our curb. 


Now that I see that in front of our home, I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me. We had it delivered for our spring clean-up. It will probably be oodles of space for what we need, but if there is one thing that frustrates me, it is being in the middle of a good work day in the yard, and realizing that I have filled up the garbage cans for the week. With the dumpster, I don't think I'll run into that problem. I have general cutting back of lots of dead branches and stalks, pruning of our 34 pear and apple-pear trees, removal of some pretty good sized bushes, and disposing of some old, broken furniture. I guess its time to roll up my sleeves and get to work.

Speaking of rolling up my sleeves, I got a new church assignment this past week. I am in the Young Women presidency over the Beehives. I have to be honest... I am pretty overwhelmed with this new assignment. I thought I had my hands full keeping up with Bob's busy schedule (with his assignment as bishop of our ward), keeping the house clean (I'm not really excelling at that at the moment), having a nice dinner on the table, digitizing thousands of my dad's slides, planning Lindsay's wedding, and finally getting to some home improvement projects that have been waiting on the back burner for a while (like painting, etc.). I know I can shift things around and make time for whatever I need to do, it will just take some adjusting and getting used to. The girls I will be working with are at a perfect age: 12 and 13, so I am excited about that. I had been working in the nursery with the little ones that are 18 months through 3 years, and I LOVED that. I had been in there for a year and a half, so I guess it was time to have a change.

It seems like our lives are all about rolling up our sleeves and getting to the task -- whatever the task may be -- and doing our best at it. Some things are much easier and more preferable than others, but either way, we have the ability to get through them.  Makes life interesting, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment