Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby Waiting Game

For those who are wondering, we are still on baby watch. No baby, and nothing to say he's even close to coming today. So, we're literally waiting and wondering. I was woken up this morning at 6:30 with a text from a friend (who obviously doesn't know me enough to know that I'm NEVER awake on a Sunday morning at 6:30). Anyway, I awoke with a start, thinking that it was baby time, but I was sadly mistaken. And at church, I sat with my phone on my lap (don't worry.... it was on silent mode.... I'll not make that mistake again!). Lindsay and I kept looking at my phone and making sure it was working, etc. I think we're all getting a little crazy playing the waiting game, but I know what we're going through is nothing compared to what Whit and Mike are feeling!

We're having fun while waiting, though. Bob and I put the baby "pack and play" crib up yesterday. Whitney was there watching, so she would know how to put hers together. We got the exact same one as she did. We figured with all of the research she and Mike had done, we didn't need to do any more, and we could just go with their choice. It's fun trying to imagine little Junior in it. Which reminds me of something.... What are they going to name the little fella? They have decided on a name, but haven't told anyone yet, so he has been called "Junior" ever since we found out he was a boy. I can't wait to first see him, and then to find out what his name is!

And... Whitney just let me know she is craving my frosted sugar cookies. I love making sugar cookies, but I don't make them often enough! So, if Junior doesn't make his appearance before I get a chance to make the cookies, it looks like I've got a great Biggest Loser dessert planned for tomorrow night. Does that sound like an oxymoron?... Biggest Loser dessert? It probably is, but ever since the creation of the show, we have watched it as a family, and I always cook a big (sometimes I'll even go for something "light") dinner, and ALWAYS a good dessert. Its just tradition. May not seem like something Bob, Jillian or Dolvett would recommend, but we DO get inspired by the show, and we have been eating better and doing better at exercising, so it all works out in the end! 

The weather is still bitterly cold. I snapped this photo out my front door yesterday. My wisteria is becoming encased in icicles. Its such a miracle that every spring, that vine begins pushing little buds out of the dry vines and the buds turn into gorgeous blossoms! Hard to even imagine in the state it's in now!


No comments:

Post a Comment