Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mini S'more No-Bake Cheesecakes

The kids are all coming over for dinner and FHE tonight, so I thought I'd try a few new recipes. I made the dessert before anything else. It seems like if the dessert turns out great, everything else seems good, too!

I tried the recipe for Miniature S'more Pies from Chef-In-Training. I LOVE her recipes, and many of them have become staples in our meal repertoire. Check out her website (chef-in-training.com) for the original recipe. I tweaked mine a bit (I always do!). I also would call them Cheesecakes instead of Pies, since the filling is much more cheesecake-ish. 

The recipe calls for 6 mini graham cracker pie crusts. These are the ones I bought:


I really don't know if there are other types out there, but these are the only ones my grocery store carried, so the choice was pretty easy. When I made them, I doubled the recipe so it would feed the masses.

The slightly tweaked recipe is as follows:

Mini S'more No-Bake Cheesecakes
Makes 6

Ingredients:
6 mini graham cracker pie crusts (they come in a pkg of 6)
8 oz. cream cheese, slightly softened
1 c. Cool Whip
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. marshmallow cream/fluff
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
  *I used half milk chocolate, and it was still fairly dark
1/2 c. heavy cream
chocolate shavings

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Cool Whip, powdered sugar, marshmallow cream and beat until well combined.

Evenly distribute the cream filling into the 6 graham crusts.


Smooth tops with a knife.

Pour heavy cream into a small saucepan and heat on medium heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate until it melts and combines evenly. Let cool almost completely.

Spread chocolate ganache evenly over the tops of the pies, covering all of the cream cheese mixture.

Sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.


This is a very simple dessert to make, and the individual cheesecakes are a perfectly satisfying portion. When I bought them, I thought they seemed so tiny, but since the filling is mounded into them, there is much more in each little crust than would appear!

Yummy, simple, and even looks a little fancy! We all loved this dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment