Thursday, September 26, 2013

Recipe: Apple Cinnamon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

On Tuesday nights, I have to come up with something that is easy and quick to get on the table. Bob has meetings that sometimes start at 6:00, but can also start as late as 7:00. And sometimes that changes at the very last minute, if someone needs to see him.

So, I'm always looking for good soup recipes that I can keep in the crock pot til needed, or even sandwiches, since they're usually pretty easy to make. And I'm not talking about pb&j sandwiches, though we do have our share of those when things get really hectic.

This past Tuesday was no different than any other. A little crazy. I decided to try the Apple Cinnamon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches from ourbestbites.com. Yummo. I really, really loved them!


Apple Cinnamon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

Ingredients
8 slices sandwich bread
8 slices cheddar cheese (or use grated)
1-2 apples (I also tried an apple-pear, which was also delicious!)
ground cinnamon
sea salt or kosher salt
3-4 tablespoons real butter
maple syrup

Instructions
Butter each slice of bread and place butter-side down on a cutting board. Place cheese on each slice of bread. Core apples and slice (leave peels on) into 1/8 inch slices. Place apple slices on top of four of the cheese-covered bread slices. Sprinkle them with ground cinnamon and a shake of salt. Place the two halves together (one slice with cheese on it, and one slice with cheese and apples on it). Grill on a hot skillet and cook until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted. Drizzle with maple syrup, or serve syrup on the side for dipping. I drizzled mine, and then decided that for Bob's sandwich, I would serve some on the side for dipping. Both were equally delicious, but I may or may not have ended up feeling a bit sticky after handling my sandwich that had been drizzled with syrup. The dipping method is probably a cleaner way to enjoy these delicious sandwiches.
Makes 4 sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment