Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wedding Luncheon Photos - Part 1

As I previously mentioned, we served box lunches at the wedding luncheon for my son and his new wife. I came up with the idea for two reasons: 1) I wanted a cold lunch (because of the long, hot summer); and 2) one of Robbie's favorite foods is a sandwich!


So, I enlisted the help of my friend Kristen, who catered my two daughters' receptions. We sat down and went through the possibilities, and I think the final product was both darling and yummy!

She started with a pasta salad. My only request was no onions, no peppers. It was perfect and delicious! She had measured the containers and box to make sure everything would fit in just right, and in the end, it fit in exactly, with no room to spare!


Next is the green salad. Simple, yummy, and refreshing. We didn't want the greens to wilt, so we had mason jars of dressing on each table.


And then came the fruit salad. She used seasonal fruits: watermelon, strawberries and blueberries. So delicious!


She also had a bag of chips (of course in a coordinating bag), and a croissant turkey sandwich (shown below in the closed bag... (forgot to get a photo of the croissant sandwich, but know that it was delicious)! She also had packets of mayo, mustard, salt and pepper in each of the box lunches.


And everything was neatly packaged in coordinating coral and navy packaging. The knife and fork were wrapped in a coral napkin with navy baker's twine tying it all up.


We didn't want to smoosh the "to-die-for" frosted sugar cookie, so we leaned those up against each box.


And do you think we could forget about embellishing the bottled water? We thought about labels, etc, but I didn't want to risk the chance of making a label and having the water get the paper soggy. So, instead, she tied each bottle with a little piece of navy tulle. Simple and darling!


And of course each box had to be tied up with navy and coral ribbons.


Bob cut out a bunch of chalkboard circles as a tag for each box. I had my other son's fiancee write R&R on all of them (the initials of the just married couple).


It was a perfect, easy, light, but filling lunch that everybody devoured! I loved them so much, I'm trying to think of another event to serve box lunches at!

(And thanks to Kristen, Kristi and Joanna for their photographing skills! Love you gals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment