Thursday, October 11, 2012

Country Living Fair

I was just remembering a trip Bob and I went on about this time last year. I LOVED that trip! It was like a dream come true for me. I had always read about the Country Living Fair in the Country Living Magazine. For years I had a wish to go, but thought it probably would never happen, since the Fairs weren't held anywhere close to Utah. Last year, I casually mentioned to Bob that I would love to go to the one in Georgia, and he said, "Well then, lets go!". He booked our flight and hotel, and purchased early bird fair tickets, and we were all set to go.

Here we are in front of the pile of pumpkins and gourds that they had in the center of the fair. It was freeeeeezing cold. I mean so cold, that after the first day, we headed over to Sports Authority and basically bought some winter gear.


Here is a shot of some of the booths. Since we had early bird tickets, we were in before much of the crowd was in. Doesn't it look like the most fun place to shop ever? Bob was the best shopping partner ever! He basically just walked around with me and helped carry all of my purchases. He never complained once about going back to certain booths over and over again, and he was even pretty helpful in finding some real treasures. Luckily there were a few booths that he was even interested in, as he, too, likes antiques and interesting old things.


I miss this fair.


We did find some time to do a few other things in that area of Georgia. The fair itself was at Stone Mountain Park. You can see the carving of some soldiers on horses behind Bob.


We climbed up Stone Mountain a couple of times for some exercise, which was really fun. We also went into Atlanta and saw a few things in the city.

All in all, one of my favorite trips ever. I think we may need to hit another Country Living Fair next year... maybe the Texas one?

Bob, are you reading this?

No comments:

Post a Comment