Sunday, November 11, 2012

A blanket of snow

This weekend brought a nice big snowstorm. I know its a bit early yet, as far as the calendar goes, but it definitely looks like winter as far as the eye can see. It is absolutely gorgeous... sparkly fresh snow covering everything in a nice thick blanket. As you can see, I haven't even covered my outdoor furniture yet, to protect it from the weather. Hopefully this old chair can withstand having a bit of snow on it for a few days. We made these chairs about 14 years ago, with some very dear friends. I think we made about 16 chairs in all -- all assembly line style, with all of us rolling up our sleeves and doing our little part of producing them. They have stood up to the years so nicely (partly because I keep the elements off of them... except right now!) I love to think about our friends every time I look our our chairs. Sweet, happy memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment