Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Our Christmas tree

I got the Christmas tree decorated today. I had the menfolk bring it upstairs for me on Monday, then spent a couple of hours fluffing the branches up. Yesterday, I got it about 1/3 of the way decorated, but just didn't have enough hours in the day to finish it up.

Bob said he thought it looked just fine with little or no ornaments on... "Less is more, less is more". But, I couldn't stand to not put up as many ornaments as I could fit on the branches. 


Our tree is definitely not an elegant tree. I have ornaments on it from almost 30 years ago. Every year since we were married, I have bought ornaments for that year and dated them. Once we had children, I put each of their names (along with the year) on one of the new ornaments. So, when they are married and on their own, they have a box of ornaments that span through the years -- all dated, and full of memories!

I love those old ornaments made out of paint stirrers and egg cartons and popsicle sticks. Something about those brings back floods of memories!


After I hang all of the ornaments, I like to add vintage postcards that I have collected through the years. I tuck them in the branches here and there.



The only thing the tree needs now is a few candy canes on the branches, which will have to wait until my next grocery run.

Now, to move on to other decorating projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment