Saturday, December 15, 2012

28 Amazing Years Together

Today is our 28th anniversary! We went to our cabin to celebrate for a few days -- just the two of us! I love this man more than I can ever describe. I have loved him for each of the 10228 days of our marriage. And I look forward to the next day, and the next, and the next. Being married to him fulfilled to the exact detail, my childhood dream of being a wife and mother in a blissfully happy family. He is the reason I have never had the need or desire to make a "bucket list"... I feel like every day I am doing exactly what I have always wanted to do! 


A few years ago, on our 25th anniversary, I made an anniversary quilt. I used Lori Holt's pattern "Comforts of Home" and adapted it to me and Bob, and our favorite things.


The center of it shows Bob and I, the temple that we were married in (along with the date), a block with a home on it, and then a block (Happily Ever After) that shows the places we've lived in our married life.


We were born in the same hospital, four days apart, which is depicted with the baby rattle block. We also love to eat at Chilis, and we love playing family games.


We have watched old Perry Mason episodes for almost our whole marriage. We have seen them all, and still love to watch them together late at night. We love to go hiking together.


We snowshoe, work on projects, and while we're watching Perry Mason, we have cookies and milk. Every night.


One of our favorite movies: Princess Bride


The block with the days of the week, and the Wednesday circled, depicts our Wednesday lunches, which we've done for as many years as I can remember. We rarely miss that most important appointment of the week!


We have been on three pioneer treks together, and have loved them all. Such hard work, but so, so worth it!


 We love antiques and love to hunt them down together.


Nothing Bundt Cakes. Nummy. They have been the thing that has gotten us through some of our craziest projects (like the Amazing Race youth conference).
We also send each other emails and texts frequently and randomly throughout the week, just for the fun of it, and just to remind the other that we're thinking of them (shown in the You've Got Mail block).


Need I say more? See's has also gotten us through many a hard day (weddings, parade floats, crazy schedules). Every day when Bob gets home from work, we head to our See's box and each of us has a piece. I'm beginning to understand why no matter how much I exercise, I can't seem to lose any weight.


The block with the brown couch symbolizes our cabin.


We love to shop together, and also love to travel, though we both really love to be home!


Our four kiddos.


This year, we gave each other a new kitchen table and chairs (we're still waiting for delivery). Since I haven't had it in me to do a big project, I think we'll just look at our quilt and relive some of those grand memories we have made together!

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful tribute to each other and to your marriage. It everyone I the world had a marriage like yours this would be a celestial world. heaven on earth. I'm sure too that each one of you have as a top priority to make your marriage wonderful. I love your example of what a marriage should and could be like. Mom

    ReplyDelete