Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Home Tour

Since there are just a few days til Christmas, I figured I had better get the Christmas decorations post up, like I said I would. Crazy to think that in a week, I'll be starting to take things back down and packing them safely away for next year!

This is our family room mantel... 






And just below the mantel on the hearth...




I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago on how to make the wreaths I have going up the stairway (a new addition this year that I love!).



Every year we get a new Christmas book or two, and we add them to the collection that line the stairway. When our kids were young, we used to read them throughout the month of December. Now we'll get to do that for the next generation of kids. Our first grand baby is due in less than a month! Yay!


I already posted our Christmas tree in an earlier post, but this is the little area to the side of the tree...


Living room decorations...




Basement mantel...


Our bottle brush tree collection. One of my favorites....




This is a ceramic nativity that my husband painted when he was in grade school. I love it's vintage chippiness, but most of all I love thinking about him painting it as a little guy. Such a treasure to me!



My sweet dad...


No comments:

Post a Comment