Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter break at the cabin!

A couple of days after Christmas, we headed up to the cabin for a couple of nights. The kids came and went as their schedules allowed, and we LOVED having the time up there together. It felt like we were thousands of miles away from the hustle and bustle. Just exactly what we needed!

This is a rare sighting for us... two moose just laying in the snow. In fact, we've never seen moose in the middle of winter, so this was pretty great to see!


Some of the family like to ride the snowmobiles, and all of us like to snowshoe. Its such a great workout, and there is nothing like having a great workout in pure, crisp mountain air. I love it!

Mike and Whitney
(Whitney is 8-1/2 months pregnant!)

I think this next photo will end all discussion as to why I don't wear hats...

Bob and I

Mike, Robbie, Rachel, Bob, Caitlin, Logan

Mike and Robbie

Bob and Rachel

Rachel and Robbie
Caitlin and Logan

We had lots of snow to play in, and it snowed even more while we were there. We sortof hated to head back down the hill towards home and "real life", but it was wonderful while it lasted!


Now that I'm home, I need to start thinking about taking all the Christmas decorations down. Tomorrow we'll work on getting the tree down (I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment