Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A wonderful family Christmas

We had such a nice Christmas together as a family. We had all of our family there, except for Wilson, who is on his mission in the California Roseville Mission. The married couples even spent the night on Christmas Eve, which made it that much more fun for everyone!

It was snowy and blustery on Christmas Eve, but even so, the guys went out for a jaunt on the golf cart. It was way too cold for me to want to go out, but I loved watching them drive away with Christmas tunes blasting on the radio. 



On Christmas Eve, we had our traditional soup. I love that we do that. It feels so cozy and warm, and tastes just right with all the treats and snacks that we find ourselves eating that night!

ALWAYS after every meal, Mike and Whitney pop right up and start doing the dishes. They are so thoughtful to even think to do that. It feels so normal for them to be doing the dishes, that quite often I just go about doing whatever it is I'm doing, and I forget to thank them. Thank you, thank you, thank you, you two!


Who doesn't love family games.... especially when everyone looks like this!?


After we played games, we went downstairs and did some sort of video dance game (my kids will roll their eyes that I can't remember the name of it... I'm the least video-gamish person that you'll ever meet, besides my husband). Its not often that you'll catch all of us (especially Bob and I) in a dance-off. Fun times! We burned off a few of the massive amounts of calories that we had consumed over the holidays!


The highlight of Christmas Day was talking to Wilson. Here he is as Bob is Skyping with him. Its so much like we're just sitting around having a great conversation. I loved it! For those who aren't familiar with the rules of being a Mormon missionary, they aren't allowed to call home at all during their two year mission, except for Christmas and Mother's Day. So, we soak it up when we are able to talk to him. He has been an amazing letter-writer, so we have felt so blessed to be able to hear all about his experiences. He's really been a hard working missionary, and I couldn't be more proud of him!


And here are the two brothers catching up. Doesn't get much better than that!


It was the best kind of Christmas for me... just hanging out together as a family and staying close to home. I loved every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment