Saturday, May 11, 2013

Recipe: Seared Chicken with Avocado

Bob and I are trying to eat healthier. I try to find recipes that are light or low-fat and adapt them to our tastes (which usually involves removing the onions and peppers).

I found this great recipe that I made the other night at its one that I'll definitely make again. It was fresh and tangy and satisfying. I paired it with roasted potatoes and green beans.




Seared Chicken with Avocado
(Recipe adapted from the Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook)


4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
seasoning salt
seasoned pepper
1 t. olive oil
1 diced, peeled avocado
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
2 T. fresh lime juice (about one lime)
1 lime, cut into fourths

Sprinkle seasoning salt and pepper on both sides of chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add chicken. Cook 1 minute on each side, or until it is seared. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes on each side with lid covering to keep moisture in. If chicken needs more time to cook, turn the heat down to low, keep the lid on, and let it continue cooking.

Combine avocado, cilantro and lime juice. Squeeze lime over chicken before serving. Top with avocado mixture. (My husband doesn't like cilantro, so I added my cilantro to the avocado after I had taken his serving out)

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment